Sunday, March 1, 2009

Status Update-- Saturday, February 28 & Sunday, March 1

Caitlin is demonstrating reservoirs of strength. When I visited her yesterday, I complimented her on being so tough-minded through this ordeal, and she wrote in all caps, "I DO NOT QUIT."

She was very tired today, but we took her a sleeping mask, for which she was very thankful. We hope she'll get a good night's rest.

It looks like she'll be moved to her own room soon and we're very anxious for that as is she.

We've been so thankful for her wonderful nurses, who were so kind and brought her a bear with notes wishing her well, which trumped the UK bear I brought her.

Thanks again for all your thoughts, prayers, and comments!

-Mike

3 comments:

  1. Baxter and I are so excited to hear that you all have had such a great weekend. We're thinking about you all and praying for you Cait. Keep on fighting and we hope to hear more good news as the week progresses. Much love from Tay, Bax, Dixie and Bisou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted all of you to know that I'm thinking of you. Caitlin, clearly you are a fighter, which is exactly what you need to be right now. Keep it up!
    I'm keeping Caitlin and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers. As you may know I'm here in Lex so if I can do anything at all please let me know!

    -Margaret Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, You are one tough lady and we are all so thankful you are going to be OK. Our staff, family and friends ask about you every day and we continue to pray for your recovery. I've never known a Kannensohn to quit anything --you come from great stock. Hang in there and remember we are in your corner cheering loudly. We love you.
    David C

    ReplyDelete