Saturday, March 14, 2009

Monday

So Monday is the big moving day. Some of my flowers have been taken back to my parents' house but my wall is still covered so it doesn't feel bare or anything, which is nice.
I think I have the mini-vac apparatus thing down to an art...it's pretty easy to work. Oh and it has an 8 hour charge as opposed to a 4 hour charge, which is nice. I might actually get to go out and see a movie or something! There's a battery monitor and stuff, too so that's handy.
I got up and walked down the hall today with Dad. It's so weird being so winded and tired after a short walk but my body has been in a state of non-movement for a loooooong time, so it's to be expected. It gets easier day by day. I actually walked further down the hall than I did last time, so that's good!
Other than all that, there's not much to report. I have been resting mostly today and Sam is coming in soon. He was just here with his friend Nick, who I got to finally meet, and now he's showing Nick where the garage is and is comin back on his own.
Leah, Mom, and Dad have been working tirelessly to get the house and my room ready and I am SO grateful to them for it! "Team Kannensohn" can accomplish just about anything, I think.
Although I'm a little apprehensive about going home with a wound vac and all this other stuff and protocols, I'm super happy to be with my family and have the familiarity of home (plus Momma's cooking!!!).

Alright, that's enough from me. Hope everyone is doing great on this Saturday evening! :-)

Love, Cait

1 comment:

  1. I hope the move home went smoothly enough. Just be sure to pace yourself! (That's an Order!) I'll let ya'll settle in today, but will be talking to you soon. You're in our thoughts every single day. Love, Uncle Jerry

    ReplyDelete