Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Status Update -- Monday, March 2

We'd been forewarned by the doctors that this would be a "roller coaster ride" of recovery -- that good days would be followed by not-so-good ones. That's an apt description of what we saw today. It wasn't bad (which is, of course, good in our new world...); it was just quiet. Caitlin slept almost all day; she'd been only lightly sedated for the changing of the wound pack which seals the section of the incision still open, and she slept all day.

At one point while I was there she woke up enough to, I think, recognize me for an instant, and then was totally disoriented. That's hard to see, and I hope my reassurances about where and how she was doing were sufficient to ease the panic I saw in her eyes. She drifted back to sleep.

So, it was a quiet day for her, and we pray and believe that these quiet, resting days are healing times. Her fatigue possibly also was a response to the previous, more alert, responsive days we've just seen.

She's still improving, and that is all that counts.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Caity! Margaret, Mike, and Leah, I know times are tough for you too so I am praying for all of you also. Please let Caitlin know that we are still thinking about her and praying for her everyday.

    -John

    ReplyDelete