Friday, March 6, 2009

Status Update-- Friday, March 6


What can I say? It was another incredible day. Caitlin has graduated from clear liquids to milk-based foods and can now enjoy creamy soups, ice cream, and pudding, among other things! She had white bean soup, ice cream AND pudding for dinner. And Jello, of course.

Our sleeping arrangement in her room reminds me of when we were kids-- both in twin beds (well, a recliner for me). The only difference is Caitlin hasn't been talking herself to sleep like she did back then.


We watched a silly mindless movie tonight (House Bunny) with Caitlin's friends KT and Jesse, which was fun and relaxing. I almost forgot we were in the hospital for a second.

Caitlin received a TON of e-greetings today from more people than I could name--- She sends thanks and love to you all. I think the hospital might start charging her for paper! If you have a few minutes free in the coming days, keep them coming. She has so much fun reading them.

Today was a great day and maybe the first day Dad, Mom, Caitlin and I have really felt relaxed. Hoping for a great day again tomorrow, but most of all, very thankful for today!

Love and happy weekend to all,

Leah

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

    Love to you all!!!!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Who knew that hospital food could be so exciting?!!

    ReplyDelete