Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Status Update-- Tuesday, March 3

Sitting here at the hospital...It's our last day in the SICU waiting room because CAITLIN IS GETTING MOVED TO A ROOM TODAY!!!!!!!! She has made enormous strides today and is really excited about having her own room.

Another thing she's really excited about: She can drink clear liquids now including SPRITE! I've never seen anyone so excited about Sprite before, and it really makes me think about the little things in life we should all appreciate.

There were lots of high fives and smiles when we visited Caitlin and found out she'd be moved today. As soon as we find out what floor, etc., we'll be sure to let yall know.

She also was able to read through the blog thanks to my trusty iPhone and she was very appreciative of all the comments and outpourings of love from all of you-- please keep them coming, since she'll be reading it from now on, and I suspect, eventually taking over some of the posting duties.

She will be graduating to a Jackson trache (we like to think it's named for our distant relative Stonewall Jackson), which will enable her to talk soon.

It's been a banner day and we're so excited!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Caitlin and all of the Kannensohns,
    We just returned from Florida where I can access my computer better and I am excited and happy to read of your progress. I know it has been a hard road and will still have some rough spots along the way, but you are a fighter and I know when the going gets tough, you'll be tougher.
    Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you or your family as we are now back in Lexington, and when you get a little stronger and feel up to additional company (even old women like me) let me know and we'll stop over and spend some time with you!! I love you and have had my prayer chain sending up prayers for you and your family ---it is always wonderful to know that God answers prayers!!!

    Joe Ann & Wayne Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just to Kewl, Leah, please let us here in Virginia no her address at the hospital, they are working on sending some flowers and such from her work and have asked for an address. We are all high fiving too in our hearts.
    Sincerely,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Caitlin! I'm so glad things are still moving forward. What a wonderful thing to be in a room now! I've been praying for all of you every day. I will be back in town in a few weeks and will definitely be stopping in!
    Caitlin- Leah and I are planning on having some lemonade sales this summer and need you to be well in time to do some "advertising" for us ;)

    xoxo,
    Sarah Conrad Blanchett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Caity!
    I'm not gonna lie, I've been a total creeper on this blog. But, with a hockey team that has quite a few nursing majors (I know, the last sports team you'd think would have a SINGLE nursing major, let alone like 5) they've been able to validate the awesomeness of your progress!
    That said, me and a few of the boys have been keeping up with your progress and can't wait until we can come see you!
    So needless to say, you've got some real muscle rooting for ya!
    And I promise not to see "The Watchmen" until you can, its only fair, right?
    Enjoy that room ladee and we'll see ya soon!

    <3
    Mundy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kannensohn Family
    This is such great news. Please give Caitlin a huge group hug with a bunch of high fives from all of her friends at Easter Seals Oregon! We're all praying for continued progress and a good night's sleep for all of you!!
    Hugs, Donna Waller

    ReplyDelete