Friday, March 27, 2009

It's been awhile...

Sorry for not updating lately!
I'm sitting here hanging out. I am doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I feel SO much like my old self again. I'm walking around a lot better without feeling dizzy or tired. Sam, Katie, Justin, Meagan and I all ate lunch in the cafeteria yesterday. It felt so NORMAL, which was so refreshing.
OH! I got a shower. a REAL shower (as opposed to a sponge bath) the other day. Right before they change the dressings on my stomach, I'm allowed to take a shower because they're going to get changed anyway so it doesn't matter if they get wet. I never thought I'd feel so grateful for a shower. It was HEAVEN!
I went outside TWICE the other day when it was really really nice. I went with Sam the first time and Katie and Sam the second time. 
I like to get out in the wheelchair at least once a day to go explore the hospital. I can maneuver it pretty well! I only use the wheelchair when I'm going a long distance. I'm doing a lot of leg exercises today with my thera-bands (huge rubber bands that I can do muscle resistance training with).
I have a new roommate and she's awesome. Very nice lady. Her son is adorable and her family is really cool.
Shouldn't be too much longer before I get to go home. I feel about 100 times better than I did the first time I was discharged from the hospital.

Love you all! Your prayers and love made this speedy recovery a reality!!!! :-)

Love, Cait

3 comments:

  1. Miss you, Cait! Hope you're still having a great day! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Caitlin! I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. It was so crazy at the office this week I didn't get to talk to your dad and Leah much about anything but work. I have been looking for updates though, and I'm glad you finally posted. Keep hanging in there! They'll be kicking you out of there in no time. Hope you have a great and restful weekend!! - Jackie Long

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jackie! Will do! You get some rest too cause I know y'all have been workin your butts off!

    Have fun with Taylor, Lee-Bee! Miss you! <3

    - Cait

    ReplyDelete