Sunday, March 22, 2009

Things are what they are...

As it was pointed out to me, I'm greatly contributing to the healthcare system and lowering the national deficit (thanks, Uncle Bryan :-D ). What can I say? I'm a helper....haha
Yeah...so...back in the hospital. Apparently I caught a bug. The CT scans came back negative thankfully so they're going with tummy virus and dehydration. It probably didn't help my stomach to go from hospital food to Subway, either. Lots of changes in a really short time, which is no one's fault - just one of those things. Seemed like a good idea at the time and then it didn't work out.
So LOTS of IV bags, some morphine, and some chocolate ice cream later...I'm feeling a lot better. Much much much better. I'm sitting up a lot better and moving around a little better day by day.
I've upgraded from "clear liquid" diet to "general liquid" diet. For lunch I had a really good potato soup - soooo much better than chicken broth day in and day out (ok, for 2 days but that's a LOT of chicken broth...and it's gross after while).
I have a roommate this time around. She's an 81 year old woman and she's a PISTOL! Reminds me a lot of my grandmother on my dad's side (Lolly). She has a bad memory so she forgets that she broke her hip sometimes and thinks she can walk.
She fell out of her bed today when Sam and I were watching a movie on my laptop. I didn't know she had fallen because the curtain separates us but she started moaning said "I've fallen and I can't get up."...so I had a pretty good indication she had fallen. I pushed my call button and Sam got up to go get help. She yelled, "and there goes a man walkin' by and he doesn't even care!". I tried to calm her down while Sam got help and explain to her that he wasn't ignoring her - he just wasn't medically trained to help her. A whole SWARM of nurses and techs came in to help her up by the time Sam got through alerting the whole ward. It was pretty chaotic but everything worked out.
She's ok and got checked out. She got pain meds and her family came to visit so all is well.
As far as karma goes, Sam and I know why I'm in the hospital and why he has diabetes - we can't stop laughing that she actually said "I've fallen and I can't get up."...after we knew she was ok, of course...but still...damn, I feel guilty. Please tell me we're not alone in thinking that it's a LITTLE funny she said that...

Ok enough from me. Hope all is well with everyone!

Love, Caity

P.S. Anyone got any good funny movies they want to suggest? I got nothin but time. Books?

12 comments:

  1. i was gonna bring them to your parents' house since i love off cochran, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i have a 300gb drive FULLL of all kinds of goodies. every season of scrubs, the boondocks, rescue me and it's always sunny in philadelphia. not to mention a nice peppering of the most hilarious of movies out there.
    but nooooooooo, now i have to try and drag ass to UK hospital between classes and work. geez. so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you are feeling better Caitlin...and really glad you've graduated to something other than chicken broth. I agree with you - that's gross. And, "I've fallen and I can't get up" is VERY funny. I'm glad she's back in the bed and is ok now...but it's ok to laugh after the fact. - Jackie Long

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrubs might not be my bag right now - I have a lot of medical jargon in my life as is but that is a HILARIOUS show. My sis bought me It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Season one) so I'm good there. I've seen/committed to memory all of boondocks....movies? Whatcha got? And, not to be rude, but your screen name is unfamiliar and I don't see a user pic...so...um...who are you? Sorry....THANKS for the offer of tv shows though!!

    Jackie - Thanks cause I was feelin really bad there for while - lol. Sam was convinced we were going to hell. I think he'll be relieved to know at least I'm not going...he's got a lot more reasons to be worried about taking a trip downstairs aside from this incident. Ask him about Gary Busey if you ever speak to him...that's one reason - he disagrees with me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick Nolte does not look like Gary Busey. They are both ugly human beings and horrible actors, but the similarities stop there. We can discuss this again in a couple hours and I'll get your pulse back to 140 if you want. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, it's MUNDY! i thought using my google account was better than going anonymous.

    as for movies, i'm not sure. i tend to no delete things, so i'm sure there's more than you can name on there. i also have all of Kat William's comedy specials (a.k.a. a pimp named slick back). i'm thinking i should skip class tuesday and just bring the drive over and you and copy everything you want until your heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude you rule! I loooove kat williams! I'm room 756...wake me up if I'm in morphine-land.

    C'mon over whenever - no time is a bad time (except when they're changing my wound dressings - it's not too pretty to watch...).

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is the girl who worked medicine at an equine hospital and assisted on many emergency trache procedures on horses with strangles (sufficating on puss in their lungs) among other things. UK hospital scares me, but i'm skipping class on tuesday hauling ass over there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you rule...just sayin...

    I'm not goin to be around horses anytime soon. The horses and I have something in common though - we both got traches...funnnnnn stuff!

    Don't let me ruin your education by you visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forget the funny...watch Big Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Caity

    Sorry to hear you're back in the hospital!

    You could always watch funny stuff on youtube. I love that comedian/ventriloquist, Jeff something, with Achmed the Dead Terrorist. "Silence!! I kill you!"

    And yeah, the old lady saying that is pretty darn funny! If you're going to hell, I guess I'll see ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want to laugh out loud? Watch " Juno"

    ReplyDelete