Friday, February 27, 2009

Status Update-- Friday, February 27

Best day by far!!!!

I'm happy to report that Caitlin is breathing on her own!!! We are beside ourselves with excitement over this big step. Her nurses say she'll probably have her own room within the next couple of days. Caitlin is excited for that possibility because she's having trouble sleeping with all the hubbub in Surgical ICU.

We had a lot of great interactions with her today as she is able to write on a dry erase board that the nurses provided. They washed her hair today, so she is looking really good. I bought her a super cool black headband with pink skull & crossbones on it that she loves and it makes her look pretty tough, if I do say so myself.

So excited right now and can't wait til she can talk again! Keep those prayers coming!

-Leah

6 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! What wonderful strides Caity has made. Our Prayers are still with Caity and your family everyday and we share in the progress made and this is by far the most excellent news yet!
    God Bless
    Joan and Greg Roulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really great news. I know all of you must be thrilled and tired and anxious...etc.
    Continuing good thoughts.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most wonderful news, I shared it with all of your Easter Seals and Cheveallier friends and we are all so delighted. You can count on all of our continued prayers. Bless you all. We love you Caitlin,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. That headband is pretty rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to have access to this blog, that way I don't have to bombard everyone with questions all the time. It's great to see all the recent progress, and I am continuing to send prayers, good thoughts, and imaginary flowers (hopefully soon to be real!) in the direction of Caitlin and everyone who is thinking about her. Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on Caity, I am so happy to hear you are improving and can communicate, I look forward to being able to talk to you soon. We will keep praying for you and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    God Bless
    Your Non Medical Care Manager, Georgia

    ReplyDelete