Sunday, February 22, 2009

Status Update -- Sunday, February 22

Today is another "quiet day." Caitlin's been so active they've had to give her tranquilizers to relax her, and have had to restrain her legs. She's proving literally that she's a "fighter"...

Tomorrow they will close the incision after they recheck the intestines. Her fever is low grade. She didn't wake up when we went in, but seemed to be sleeping peacefully. She looked more comfortable without the neck brace.

Since it's another quiet day for her, we're taking the cue and will rest again to prepare for tomorrow.

We have come to know other families who are in similar -- or worse -- situations by sharing space in the ICU waiting room. We never knew... It's amazing and wonderful how we're all bonding, we strangers whose paths are crossing only briefly and through adversity.

We trade good news and mutual support and prayers for both good and bad news. We all share newspapers and food; give restaurant/housing/other advice and offer rides or to run errands to/for out-of-towners. It's a little village actually, but it's a good little village. We are seeing how -- even in the worst of times -- humans can rise to great goodness. What a blessed and much needed reminder!

5 comments:

  1. She grabbed and tried to crush my hand this morning. Then the nurse had to come give her some more sedatives because she was basically throwing a tantrum. Fighter is an understatement I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin throwing a temper tantrum?! nooooooooooo.
    I know she must be very frustrated and uncomfortable, but glad to know the same ole' Caity is still there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you guys know that my thoughts are with Caitlin as well. I hope everything keeps progressing well!

    Chris Hester from Columbia, SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caitlyn, Family and Friends,

    You are in my heart and in my prayers. I pray to God that he watches over you and your family, as you steadily recover. I pray that He gives you, your family and your friends the strength to continue believing in his miracles. Caitlyn, you are not alone, as you have many Guardian Angels holding you in their hearts.

    One night I had a dream--
    I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord and across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints, one belonged to me and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
    and saddest times in my life. This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way,
    but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. "I don't understand why in times when I needed you most, you should leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

    May God bless you, and your family, Caitlyn.

    With love,
    Danie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kannensohn Family-

    I hope for the best for Caitlins recovery. At work she always had a smile on her face and was always willing to help others. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Everyone here at Oceana is pulling for her! Thank you for keeping us updated, as we are always wondering how she is!!! Please take care, and keep your chin up.

    Respectfully-

    Jamie Frantz
    NAS Oceana Security Dept.

    ReplyDelete