Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dr. Phil makes me sad inside

So anyway, I'm back at home again (got here this past Monday). Yesterday was a funfilled trip to the ER because I was having some bacteria in my tummy wound but it ended up being easily fixed by a "wet dry" dressing.
Basically I pack wet gauze dressing into my (now tiny) wound in my tummy and put an absorbant pad over it and tape it. No more tubes or portable wound vacs to carry around. I'll probably go back to the wound vac but I might not...who knows?
I felt a little nauseated this morning but after some good rest, I felt a lot better.
Daddy went to the dentist today and they gave him some pretty good drugs cause Sammy and Justin had to help him up the stairs. He started saying some pretty weird crap in his sleep, which entertained Momma and I endlessly. He's doing pretty well now.
Katie's b-day is tonight and I'm headin there and see how long I can hold up. I think I'll do ok. I can hang in the kitchen sitting down for about an hour so I think I'll be ok.
Alright, enough outta me! Ciao guys!

Love, Cait

P.S. My doc's name was Nashley Steele...how cool is that?!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're back home and doing better Caitlin! I'm glad to get the report on your dad too. Didn't know he was going to be out of commission all day. The last email I got was "in dental chair. Will be checking out in next few minutes." LoL! I guess he really meant it!!! I guess he got what my dentist calls "the hippie dose". - Jackie Long

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't spit on me son and tell me it's raining!"
    -and-
    http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/7/1/welcometothe128594035015476270.jpg

    Dr. Phil takes himself so seriously and truly believes everything he says, it's pathetically comical.
    Kinda like P. Diddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caitlin,
    So glad to hear you are back home and got to share Easter there with your family. I've kept up with you by your blog and through calls. It looks like you've had a lot of time to think and are trying to take the "lemon" you were given and are now making "lemonade" -- that is great--keep up the good work. Love ya and will sneak over to see you soon!!

    Joe Ann

    ReplyDelete