Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Went to an accupressurist (Christy Hehr) yesterday and WOW my back feels TONS better. She did basic pressure points and worked out the pain in only an hour. This is from when I was feeling blinding pain just from sitting and now I feel wonderful. She was totally cool with me bringing Abby and let her play on the futon/mat that I was lying down on. Abby was sitting up at one point on my right side and pressing into my stomach and mimicking what Christy was doing (she pressed into my stomach and my back simultaneously to work out the muscles). When Abby was on her back and playing happily and I was on my back getting my legs stretched out, Abby started stretching HER legs, too. She's a little monkey-see-monkey-do baby.
Apparently the pain was sciatic, which is normal for women who have had or are about to have babies. Thanks, Abby...lol
Today we went over to my parents' house and swam with my sister, Leah. I ate some chicken piccata (never had it before) and mashed potatoes that Leah made for Momma and Dad the night before - yum!
Before that we went to look at dresses for our family picture on Frid
ay. We'll be going to Melanie Mauer and it's part of Dad's 65th birthday gift to have pics of Momma, Leah, Abby, and I. He's got a museum of pictures in his office but this one will fit in nicely. He's got this family pic in his office too:
That one is one of my favorites. We were at Sam's grandparents' house in Independence, KY for Mother's Day. I think it captures our family nicely :)
Sam got glasses yesterday and I'm sure he thinks he thinks they look stupid but I think he looks phenomenal in them (not that I didn't think he wasn't handsome before).
So here's my week:
Wednesday - Get housework done/take care of Abby/take Abby to Granny Mel and Papaw's (Sam's parents' house)
Thursday - Aunt Katie comes over to hang out and then Dad, Leah, and I are going to see the Lexington Legends at Whitaker Bank Stadium.
Friday - Kannensohn Family picture/Abby stays the night with Granny Mel and Papaw.

BUSY WEEK. Abby is getting LOTS of relatives time right now, which is great. She loves seeing them all and they spoil her rotten.
Can't wait to sign up for college classes on the 5th. Until then, just living the dream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment